To determine the country of origin of goods, it must be established that the goods:
- completely of Kazakhstani origin;
- of Kazakhstani origin, taking into account the criterion of sufficient processing of goods;
- of foreign origin.
Examination of the origin of goods is carried out by an expert auditor to determine the country of origin of goods within two business days from the date of submission and registration of the application with a full package of documents, according to the list.
Examination to determine the country of origin of goods is carried out on a contractual basis on the basis of the application and the documents submitted by the applicant according to the list.
Examination of the origin of goods includes:
- examination of documents confirming the origin of the goods;
- identification of goods by external signs, labeling (name, type, packaging, class, manufacturer) with departure to the location of production;
- examination of the technological process in the production of goods in order to establish the criterion of sufficient processing of the goods and determine the value added of the goods;
- calculation of the share of local content.
Based on the results of the examination, the expert organization certifies and issues an examination certificate on the origin of the goods.
The criteria for sufficient processing of goods to give them the status of goods produced in the Republic of Kazakhstan are:
- a change in the product code according to the HS of FEA at the level of any of the first four characters that occurred as a result of processing the goods;
- performance of production or technological operations sufficient to ensure that the country of origin of the goods is considered the country where these operations took place;
- change in the value of the goods when the percentage of the cost reaches a fixed share in the price of the final product (rule of ad valorem share).
Certificate of origin of goods of the form “ST-KZ” is issued, certified and issued by the authorized body for issuing a certificate of origin for goods for internal circulation, based on:
- an act of examination of the origin of the goods;
- documents submitted by the applicant for examination;
- a list of the attached documents.
The validity of the certificate of origin is twelve months from the date of issue.