Conformity assessment – a procedure that results in documentary certification (in the form of a declaration of conformity or a certificate of conformity) of an object’s compliance with the requirements established by technical regulations, standards, or contract terms;
The main objectives of certification are:
- ensuring the safety of products, processes, works, services for the life and health of people, protection of property of citizens and the environment;
- protection of consumer interests in matters of quality of products and services;
- elimination of technical barriers to trade, ensuring the competitiveness of products in the domestic and foreign markets;
- creation of necessary conditions for the activities of individuals and legal entities in the single commodity market of Kazakhstan, as well as for participation in international economic, scientific and technical cooperation and international trade.
There are two types of confirmation of compliance – mandatory and voluntary:
- voluntary conformity assessment – the procedure by which conformity of products, services, and processes is verified at the initiative of the manufacturer (contractor) or seller for compliance with the standard, other document or special requirements of the applicant;
- obligatory conformity assessment – the procedure by which confirmation of conformity of products with the requirements established by technical regulations is carried out.
In the Republic of Kazakhstan, conformity assessment of products is carried out within the framework of the State system of technical regulation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Mandatory conformity assessment of products is carried out for compliance with the requirements and schemes of confirmation of conformity established by technical regulations, including through the application of interstate or national standards.
In order to identify products, it is allowed to use the standards of organizations, but the standards of organizations cannot be used to carry out procedures for mandatory confirmation of compliance.
Conformity assessment schemes contain methods for establishing conformity (testing, production evaluation, quality management system assessment, analysis of technical documentation, inspection control) and are used by conformity confirmation bodies and (or) manufacturers (performers) of products when conducting mandatory certification or accepting a declaration of conformity.
The products that were in use, imported for the exhibition and without its intended use, as well as delivered through humanitarian aid, do not apply to objects of mandatory conformity assessment, unless otherwise specified by technical regulations.
Our customers and partners